Panel Discussion: “Other Committees” Involved in the IRB Review Process
In addition to the Institutional Review Board (IRB), several other committees review HawkIRB applications and play a vital role in protecting the safety and welfare of human research subjects. Representatives from the following committees will participate in a panel discussion about their role in the UI Human Research Protection Program (HRPP):
- Pharmacy and Therapeutics Subcommittee (P&T)
- Medical Radiation Protection Committee (MRPC)
- Clinical Research Unit (CRU)
- Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center (HCCC)
- Research Billing Compliance
- Nursing Research Committee (NRC)
They will provide updates and reminders to assist UI researchers with submissions to the IRB and to these individual committees.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa- sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact the Human Subjects Office in advance at (319) 335-6564.